- January 18, 2022
- Posted by: medconverge
- Category: AR Calling
Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is caused by SARS-CoV-2. It originated in Wuhan, China, in January 2020, and it immediately spread to the rest of the world. Due to its rapid spread, WHO declared it a pandemic in March 2020.
Transmission of COVID-19
Coronavirus spreads and infects when (an individual):
- An infected person coughs, sneezes, speaks, or breathes out.
- Inhales tiny droplets in the air.
- Spends more time in poorly ventilated areas.
- Comes in close contact with an infected person.
- Touches contaminated surfaces and touches eyes, nose, or mouth without washing hands.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Symptoms of COVID-19 are categorized into:
- Loss of taste and smell
2) Less Mild
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Discoloration of fingers and toes
- Red, irritated eyes.
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of speech, mobility
- Chest pain
One should seek immediate medical attention if any of the above symptoms are detected. They should isolate themselves from others and self-quarantine in a separate room and should wear a mask at all times.
Effects of the pandemic on Frontline workers
The frontline workers are the most affected due to this pandemic. They are under constant pressure while being at risk of catching the infection themselves. This has led to extreme stress, impacting their work and affecting their well-being. Some of the other effects the pandemic has had on the frontline workers are:
- Complete burnout
- Development of mental disorders like anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Usage of substances to relieve stress
- Reduced productivity
- Increased infections
- Compromise on the quality of healthcare
- Disruption of emergency services
What we can do to help/ Prevention measures
- Wash hands regularly
- Make sure to sanitize common areas
- Wear N95 masks that cover the nose, chin, and mouth
- Dispose masks properly to avoid spreading infections
- Avoid crowded spaces, maskless indoor activities, and public events
- Keep rooms well-ventilated
- Get vaccinated
MedConverge India has taken up the social responsibility of encouraging all its team members to get vaccinated by offering vaccine incentives. Contact us to know more about our vaccination policy and social initiatives.