- October 6, 2022
- Posted by: medconverge
- Category: Interview Skills
Interviews are nerve-wracking. When one is nervous, one might mess up their answers, leading to an unsuccessful interview. Therefore, it is always better to prepare beforehand. Below are a few tips on preparing for an interview and how to crack it.
Before the interview
- Research: One must always research the company’s background and analyze the job description of the position they are applying for. It helps to arrange one’s resume to cater to the applied job.
- Preparation: Brushing up on potential questions the interviewer might ask is essential. Preparing for tests and customizing answers to fit the job description are other ways to score brownie points.
- Dress appropriately: One must dress appropriately for a job interview. The clothing and accessories style must match the company’s vibe and the job they aim to get.
- Punctuality: One must be on time for the interview and show that they are punctual.
During the interview
- Turn off all devices: All electronic devices must be turned off at all costs. It is vital to stay 100% focused on the interview.
- Introduction: One should share a firm shake of hands with the interviewer as soon as they enter the room. They must greet the interviewer(s) and wait to be offered a seat before sitting. While introducing oneself, one must remember to add only relevant information.
- Answering questions: One must explain their resume in a way that caters to the applied-for job. They should also define their career goal and let the employer know their skills that would help in their career.
- Listening: Being a good interviewee doesn’t end with talking about oneself. It also means that one has to listen to the interviewer and answer relevantly.
- Asking questions: Asking questions shows that one is interested in the company. It is also better to clear the doubts one has before accepting the job.
- Confidence: It is essential to be confident while speaking and asking questions.
- Positive and friendly attitude: A positive attitude helps score brownie points. Employers look for positive people who gel well with other employees.
- Thank the interviewer: Always thank the interviewer for their time before leaving. Shaking hands with the interviewer is also essential.
After the interview
- Follow-up: It is crucial to follow up after an interview. It shows the employer that you’re serious about the job.
The above tips will help interviewees crack their interviews. However, if one wants to become more confident during interviews, MedConverge offers a training program on Interview Skills. One can sign up for this program to improve their interview skills.