Medical Coding Trainer
At MedConverge, we rely on powerfully insightful data to ensure the delivery of our excellent healthcare services. We’re seeking an experienced Medical Coding Trainer who is expected to impart the basic knowledge and skills of Medical Coding for freshers and experienced coders. The trainer will also be required to refine the syllabus, develop new modules etc. if needed, and ensure that the candidates pass the CPC Examination. You will abide by the standard protocols for medical coding, but will use your own methods to gain the most accurate information to promote organizational growth.
- To train new hires in Anatomy and Medical Coding (CPT, Modifier, ICD guidelines, HCPCS codes)
- Document new employee’s progress on training
- Mentor and coach trainees and other employees
- Search for information in cases where the coding is complex or unusual
- Identify and catalog all educational resources, internal and external business units
- Carry out refresher training based on the quality reports
- Carry out OJT and support department activities and events
- Ensure that all codes are current and active
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, Pharmacy, Bio technology, Nursing
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Knowledge of Healthcare terminology and ICD/CPT codes
- 2-4 Years’ experience in Medical Coding.
- 2-3 Years experience in Training Freshers and Coders
- Certification is must.
- Involvement in local AAPC ideal, national AAPC preferred.
- Fluent verbal communication abilities.
- Strong reporting skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Immediate Joiner is preferred
- Good internet access at home
- Laptop/Desktop of at least 4 GB RAM and Windows 10 OS