At MedConverge, we rely on powerfully insightful data to ensure the delivery of our excellent healthcare services. We’re seeking an experienced medical coding professional to deliver that insight to us on a daily basis. Our ideal medical coder will have the thorough knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology. You will abide by the standard protocols for medical coding, but will use your own methods to gain the most accurate information to promote organizational growth.
- Assign codes to diagnoses and procedures, using ICD and CPT codes
- Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with government and insurance regulations
- Follow up with the provider on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear
- Communicate with other clinical staff regarding documentation
- Search for information in cases where the coding is complex or unusual
- Receive and review patient charts and documents for accuracy
- Review the previous day’s batch of patient notes for evaluation and coding
- Ensure that all codes are current and active
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, Pharmacy, Bio technology, Nursing
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- 2-4 Years’ experience in Medical Coding.
- Certification is preferred.
- Fluent verbal communication abilities.
- Knowledge of Healthcare terminology and ICD/CPT codes
- Strong reporting skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent typing and accuracy